Electronic Countermeasures (Debugging)
Suspect Bug or Wiretaps?
Course of Action
- Do not discuss your suspicions with others unless they have a need to know
- Do not discuss suspicions in suspected areas
- Do not attempt to address your suspicions alone
- Do not waste money on "Spy Toys"
Seek professional guidance without delay. The detection of Electronic Surveillance devices such as bugs and wiretaps is both equipment and knowledge intensive work. A credible ECM team will have experience in security, investigations and electronics.
*Warning signs of covert eavesdropping or bugging*
Important: If any of the following warning signs apply and you are concerned about covert eavesdropping or wiretapping, immediately contact Advanced Electronic Security Company. DO NOT call from a suspect telephone, cellular telephone or affected area.
- Other know your confidential business or professional trade secrets
- Secret meetings appear less secret
- People seem to know your activities when they should not
- You have noticed strange sounds or volume changes on your telephone lines
- You have noticed static, popping, or scratching sounds on your telephone lines
- Sounds are coming from you telephone handset when it is hung up
- Your telephone often rings and no one is there or a very faint tone or high-pitched squeals/beeps are briefly heard
- Your am/fm radio and television suddenly develops unexplained interference
- Your car radio suddenly develops interference
- You have been the victim of a burglary- although nothing was taken
- Electrical outlets appear to have been tampered with
- Clocks, lamps, exit signs, etc. appear to have been moved and are crooked or appeared tampered with
- Dry wall dust or ceiling debris is notice on the floor or other areas in your home/office
- You notice that utility companies or workers are spending excessive time near your home or office
- Utility workers show up at your home or office unannounced
- Door locks appear to have tampered with
- Furniture is moved and no one knows why
This checklist is not an all-encompassing list; other circumstances may exist that cause you to be suspicious. Do not hesitate to act on those suspicious.
CALL FROM A SECURE TELEPHONE LINE FOR A FREE CONSULTATION 323-462-1351
- TELEPHONE LINES INSPECTED
- AREAS SWEPT FOR RF TRANSMITTERS
- PHYSICAL SWEEP
Information Protection Solutions:
- Assess information protection needs
- Identify sensitive information
- Coordinate information protection roles
Legal, electronic communications security, physical security, records management, human resources, audit protected information and intellectual property
- Establish information protection policies and procedures
- Conduct information protection surveys
- Integrate information protection into business processes
- Research and design, sales, marketing, etc.
- Prepare for exchange
- How to relay information to contractors, consultants, vendors, etc.
- Raise information protections awareness
- Reinforce employee awareness of information protection
- Make information protection a corporate culture